Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Figurative language

BSimile-comparison 
(the things that are the same)
using like or as
Examples:

1. Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

3. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

4. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

Metaphor-transferring a quality from one to another

The big things call me Mercury because I'm the swiftest thing in the neighborhood

Computers are complicated idiots metaphor

Examples

1.My memory is foggy.
2.My name is mud ever since I caused so much trouble.
3.My roots run deep.
4.Necessity is the  mother of invention.
5.A roadmap to peace was discussed.
6.I have butter fingers today; I keep dropping things.
Apple  Mercedes Nike bat man  Twitter Audi hp she'll wwf Olympic organization Chevrolet Windows
Symbols 

Symbols-something that represents something else

1 comment: